Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sledding






Well we finally went sledding. The boys have been begging for quite some time so I borrowed Clytie's sled and started piling snow up in the backyard. Our yard is nice and flat so there is really no place to sled and I didn't want to drive all over to find a sledding hill (especially since so much snow has melted) so I just grabbed my shovel and shoveled the backyard. Kevin finished it off for me since I was having trouble shaping it just right and then away we went. The boys didn't want to stop even though it was getting dark and very cold. It was a lot of fun family time.

3 comments:

The Lindsay's said...

What a good mom you are! The thought of taking the girls sledding has crossed my mind a couple of times. We'll see if it happens this year.

Brett Willis family said...

My boys said they wanna go back up there to sled! (Maybe we can build our own sledding hill down here if we're lucky) But I'm guessing you all have a lot more snow now since the recent chain of storms, right?

Perkins Family said...

WE now actually have no snow at all. That sledding day was our last real batch of snow. Since then we just have had simple flurry storms which melted right away.