Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines Day Hunt


So this year for Valentines Day treats I made a treasure hunt for the boys to follow to find their bag of "goodies." Since I know how much Kevin hates Valentines Day I made sure one of the clues led to him and resulted in two big kisses for Daddy. Anyway as you can see from the smiles the end result was quite fun. I made the clues up the night before at about 10:30 as I finished preparing my primary lesson. I thought they turned out quite cute for so late at night. They even rhymed .....for the most part. See for yourself...

Clue 1
It's Valentines Day, a day for fun
A treasure hunt for everyone!
Get ready, set, now on your way
to find the clues this "lovely" day.

For your first clue you'll need a shoe
a big, mom shoe, that's gray and blue.
(obviously this led them to the clue hiding in one of my tennis shoes)
Clue 2
Now downsairs you go,
I wouldn't be slow,
cause Finley could eat the next clue you know.

Go to your Toys
that make lots of noise
and find a truck
that's green, for luck.
(here they had to go to the toy room and find the noisy green truck, they knew exactly which one it was)

Clue 3
In order to get your very next clue
there is only one thing to do

Find your Dad and give him a kiss,
Be extra careful, make sure you don't miss.
(this was my favorite cause they had to give Kevin a kiss before he would give them the clue and of course he tried to make sure they would in fact miss.)

Clue 4
Rub-a-dub-dub
3 boys in the tub

Look where you get a head to toe scrub,
The heart (the clues were on heart shaped paper) is where the water goes glub.
(this clue was my least favorite...like I said it was pretty late at night by this point and I wanted to go to bed so my rhymes were getting pretty pit-a-ful)

Clue 5 (last one)
Now if you want your special treat,
look where your coat hangs to help keep things neat.
Enjoy, Love Mom!

(The bags were in the closet if you couldn't tell, anyway they sure had fun.)


3 comments:

The Lindsay's said...

What a good mom. I just left my Valentines on the counter. I'll try to remember that for next year.

Perkins Family said...

I got the idea from a mom in Relief Society.

Chris and Jenelle Reed said...

Oh my goodness so cute! I'm going to use this idea in the future! I never know how to make Valentine's day special for the kids. What a fun mommy!!