Monday, December 27, 2010

Holiday Traditions!

I love the holidays and all the fun traditions we have with our little family. Some we carry on from our own childhood days and others are new to our own family.

It all starts with a good Christmas tree! This year the weather was so much nicer we actually had a great time walking around and checking out each tree until we found just the right one. Then for Family Home Evening we got to decorate it with all the fun ornaments we've made, collected and bought over the years.



This year I gave myself a break and decided it was ok to just buy a gingerbread kit instead of make the house from scratch. The kids had just as much fun and I was able to enjoy it because it turned out great and I wasn't stressing over all the baking and dishes afterward.



Throughout December we did our nightly countdown with chocolate advent calendars, a wooden calendar advent tree where each night one child would open the door to reveal a new wooden ornament to count down to Christmas day, and a Christmas book a day till Christmas Eve where we read Twas the Night before Christmas and the Christmas story in Luke.

On Christmas Eve we also get our new Christmas P.J.'s.
Don't we look good!

We also had fun with mailing our letters to Santa in the Macy's red Santa mailbox, visits with Santa, driving and walking through the park lights and visits with Family and work parties.


It's been busy but lots of fun.

2 comments:

Brett Willis family said...

I love the pic of everybody in their PJ's. So, did Finley have a Santa hat,too?

Perkins Family said...

No Finley doesn't have a Santa hat yet. The one that fits him was on Griffin's head, because it still fits Griffin. Besides Finley didn't want to wear one.