So Griffin found one of those dry beans in Braeden's classroom and decided to bring it home with him. We were loading into the car to head home from dropping Braeden off to school (we go play on the playground in the mornings until the bell rings) and Griffin found the bean in his car seat where he left it the day before. Of course he picked it up and held it then as we were driving off he said Mom look at this. I was at the stop light so I turned and looked and he had the bean right under his nose kind of stuck to it by wrinkling up his face. I said "oh yeah neat, just don't put it in your nose" and turned to drive away but...... 2 seconds later he screams "Mom the bean's in my nose." I said "Griffin I just told you not to put it in your nose. Don't move. Just sit there and I'll get it out at home. Don't touch your nose. " So of course he fusses and then sniffs in super deep, drawing the bean in further. "Ahhh! " he keeps saying. Then tries to push on the outside of his nose. "I can feel it" he screams. I keep trying to tell him to leave it alone and drive as fast as I can to get home, but I couldn't even see it in his nose by the time we got there. I tried to have him blow it out but that didn't work he just sucked more air in again. I called the Dr.'s office and they said to head down and they would find a place for him. Of course this made him more upset so now he is crying and his nose is running so he keeps wiping at it and feeling it to see where the bean is etc. At the Dr.'s I could actually see the bean but there was no way for me to get it. They decided not to have me pay until they could see if they could even get it out . But as we were waiting in the waiting area suddenly POP! it came right out. I turned to the noise of it falling on the chair and asked "what was that?" He said "I got it out" So we told the gals at the front and they told the nurse who was just walking up to get us. They were glad they hadn't had us pay and I was happy I didn't have to go through all drama I'm sure would have happened with Griffin in the room if they had had to try and get it out.
Ahhh the many many adventures of childhood.
Oh yeah when I asked him why he put it up his nose even though I told him not to he said "I didn't think it would fit." And when I gave him a bowl of smarties to keep him from being to scared on the way down I warned him "don't put any smarties in your nose either" he said "why not cause they won't fit?" So this just may be an adventure we have to relive another time even though we've had a good long talk about how nothing goes in our nose even if we think it will or won't fit.
2 comments:
That is a funny story! That IS quite an adventure. I'm glad he could get it out himself.
So, do you think he learned a lesson? :)
Post a Comment